Have you ever wondered how things are going for churches that have recently been planted?
These Easter updates are from Forest City Church in Burnaby, and Shekinah Glory Multicultural Ministries in Abbotsford, which were both planted last year, as well Community Life Church in Port Alberni, which was planted in the last few years. Although Easter has come and gone, these celebrations are strategic opportunities for new churches to extend beyond their current reach to connect with new people in their communities.
Please pray for our church planters as they establish new churches to reach new people for Jesus!
Our first Easter Sunday together as the Forest City Church community was a wonderful success. A sense of community was palpable as one hundred and forty-nine people gathered to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. This feeling of community was echoed from the very beginning with many bringing non-perishable food items to support a local food bank, to the end where we joyfully watched our kids’ ministry hunt for Easter eggs while indulging in the warm croissants the team had prepared for us.
We felt a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment in creating a Sunday service with elevated significance but still keeping it within the realm of sustainable for our fledgling team. We’re so grateful for all God has done to bring this incredible team together and the way they welcome the community through our doors every week.
We love to share the great things that God does in Shekinah Glory Multicultural Ministries. God is building HIS church in Abbotsford, BC. After the great launch, we did not see great growth for two months but we did not lose hope or confidence, just trust in Jesus! Now each Sunday and Friday we see tremendous growth in ministry. Friday Prayers are our strong foundation for the church. People are coming out of addictions, and suicidal thoughts, the sick are getting healed and life is transforming. We are planning to start an ESL training program for Indo-Canadians and all Afghanistan & Ukraine Refugees. On Easter Sunday, 9 people gave their life to Jesus Christ! and One Baptism. Wow…it’s so exciting how God is building HIS church in an amazing way. Please keep us in your prayers that God walks and does a great & mighty Revival in Abbotsford, BC. Lots more, this is just the beginning, wonderful & powerful things are yet to come.
When we felt called to plant community life church here in Port Alberni we felt God calling us to two purposes. One was to start a new church specifically targeted at the 1 in 4 Canadians that have walked away from church for one reason or another. And the second purpose was to see unity in the church of Port Alberni. 5 years ago I got dragged into the lead role of our ministerial 😉 and since than have been working to shift the feel and culture of the church here in the valley. This past Easter season we took a big step and had joint services every Sunday night during lent. One church would host and another pastor would preach in their pulpit. Truly a joint effort. For Good Friday we gathered together again and had so many people that we were over capacity for the building we were in.
All of this has been leading to Pentecost Sunday, where we have 10 churches cancelling their regular Sunday morning services to gather together to worship and seek the presence and moving of the spirit of God and to celebrate the birth of the church together on a Sunday morning!! Leading up to that those 10 churches are each taking one day each for a total of 10 days leading up to Pentecost Sunday to invite the entire church of PA to come and pray and seek God’s spirit. So from Ascension Day through Pentecost Sunday the entire church has committed to pray daily moving from one building to another collectively. I can’t tell you how excited I am for what God is doing and is going to do here in Port Alberni.
Around the District
Metro Kids Society is in search of a 15-passenger van to bring a bunch of kids to church! If you have one or know of one for sale or donation, please contact Graham at 604-780-0777 or Mike at mbrownlee@
Master’s Degree programs at Summit Pacific College
Apply today for our Fall 2023 intake
The Master of Arts in Theology and Spiritual Leadership equips pastors, lay leaders, and interested individuals in the church and marketplace contexts with spiritual leadership competencies rooted in biblical and theological knowledge.
The Master of Arts in Youth Ministry focuses on practical training in youth ministry with a significant focus on spiritual formation and allows for flexibility between theology and leadership. This program is targeted toward individuals who work or volunteer with young people in a church, camp, or community context.
Both programs are delivered in person and online via video conferencing. These programs will be an engaging experience with world-class instructors and a diverse group of peers from across the country.
The Master’s degree can be completed while in full-time ministry or work.
We are now accepting applications for our Fall 2023 intake.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit grad.summitpacific.ca for more details.
Churches in Transition
Cariboo/Prince George Section:
- Glad Tidings Tabernacle, Vanderhoof
- Vancouver Celebration Christian Fellowship, Surrey
Far North/Yukon Section:
- Dawson City Christian Fellowship, Dawson City Yukon (Replant)
- New Life Assembly, Tumbler Ridge
- Chetwynd Gospel Tabernacle, Chetwynd
Fraser Valley Section:
- Hope Pentecostal Assembly, Hope
- Bella Coola Pentecostal Assembly, Bella Coola
- Kispiox Pentecostal Assembly, Kispiox
- Glad Tidings Pentecostal Church, Alert Bay
- Golden Pentecostal Church, Golden (Replant)
- Snow Valley Christian Fellowship, Fernie
- Saddleback Community Church, Nakusp
- Crossroads Christian Fellowship, Salmo
North Vancouver Island Section:
- Ocean View Christian Assembly, Port Alice
- Cedarview Community Church, Port Clements
- Bethel Assembly, Queen Charlotte
- Hazelton Pentecostal Church, Hazelton
- Mountain View Assembly, Smithers
- Kaien Community Church, Prince Rupert
- Lakes Fellowship, Burns Lake
- Cherryville Gospel Church, Cherryville
South Vancouver Island Section:
- North Douglas Pentecostal Tabernacle, Victoria
- Finnish Bethel Church, Vancouver
- Vancouver Chinese Pentecostal Church, Vancouver
- Redemption Church, Vancouver
- Jenny Goertz resigned as the Administrator of Finance at the BC/Yukon District Office. She concluded her role on April 21.
- Janet Rana was appointed as the Administrator of Finance at the BC/Yukon District Office and will start her new role on May 8. She will conclude her role as the Office Administrator of Living Waters Church, Fort Langley on May 7.
- Jonathan Knudsen resigned as the Assistant Pastor at Christian Life Fellowship, Campbell River. He concluded his role at the end of December 2022.
- Ray Green Jr. resigned as the Lead Pastor at Crossroads Community Church, Salmo. He concluded his role at the end on January 30.
- Curtis Junghans was appointed as the Worship Pastor at CLCC, Aldergrove Campus. He started his role on January 11.
- Chris Felzmann was appointed as the Transitional Pastor at Redemption Church, Vancouver, and will start in his new role on May 1. He concluded his role as a Mission Canada Campus Worker at UBC, Vancouver, on April 30.
- Kaja Bakken resigned as a Mission Canada Campus Worker at UBC, Vancouver. She will conclude her role on April 30.
- Tanya Lui-Thomas resigned as a Mission Canada Campus Assistant at UBC, Vancouver. She will conclude her role on May 12.
- Monica Lambatin will conclude her role as a Mission Canada Campus Apprentice at SFU Burnaby, following her successful completion of the Campus Ministry Apprenticeship program on May 30.
- Kaylee Fell was appointed as the Family Pastor at the Bethel Tabernacle, Ladysmith, and will start her new role on May 2.
- Brooklyn Richmond was appointed as the OMEGA Global Assistant Director at Summit Pacific College. She will start in her new role on July 15.
- Alex Forde was appointed as the Director of Recruitment at Summit Pacific College. He will start in his new role on June 1.